Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wierd or Wonderful: Prada's new Collection




Personally, I think WONDERFUL, lots of tailoring, lots of black and lots of studs. I always tend to find Prada very much hit and miss, but this can also be a good thing, not staying inside the box is what keeps fashion moving forward. I remember about 5 years ago Prada released a collection of hand painted shoes that had a pearlescent effect and then subsequently they released bags and belts with the same detailing. At first I thought these shoes were ugly when I saw them in the Qantas magazine, but when I went into the Sydney boutique, I stood there looking at them in awe, they had a certain cool factor. The season after that, Balenciaga released a similar collection of bags and shoes and it filtered down through the brands blah blah blah. the point of that tangent was that Prada often do things unexpected that push the envelope, and I think this is no exception, although not as outrageous as some collections, this one definitely has merit, in particular the pieces with the studding details and beading, turning a simple classic into a work of art.







I'm not crazy about the shoes from the collection, they are a little chunky for my liking but the idea is solid and I know this whole collection will influence some department store knockoffs very soon!




-D&G and Marc Jacbs cruise collections are also featuring some studded goodness-

No comments:

Post a Comment