Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wierd or Wonderful: Espadrilles and Romanesque Sandals


Hermes Espadrilles


It is as if deck shoes and desert boots had a baby, it might be cool with some tailored shorts on a boat. Im of two minds about these shoes, on one hand I wish I could pull them off, on the other hand im a little unsure whether I want to wear espadrilles, I get an awful Kath and Kim flashback....

Pierre Hardy





Im a little more excited about these, I said about a year ago that I wanted to wear gladiator sandals, and now that they are available, im not so sure. In principal they seem like good fun, but I don't live in a fashion forward city. Make your own choice...Personally, if enough people start wearing them, I will too, or maybe i will buy a pair and keep them in my wardrobe until i go away to St. Barts or somewhere fashionable and summery, until the I guess i will just sit around dreaming. I've included some more examples from other designers for a bit of fun.

Louis Vuitton




Ann Demeulemeester

No comments:

Post a Comment