Friday, March 12, 2010

Wierd or Wonderful: Chanel F/W Show '10


This is a blog about men’s fashion so I’m going to withhold my comments about the collection and its use of faux fur and faux python; instead I’m going to draw attention to the men. The show was staged on some icebergs imported from Scandinavia into the middle of Paris, a very Narnia-esque scene was set, all that was missing was the ice queen, and atop some of the ice, supermodels Brad Koenig and Baptiste Giabiconi dressed as "polar bears". Now I don’t think they look like polar bears at all in their shag pile carpet get-up, in fact they look more like gay wookies, for me this is a definite WIERD!

As a footnote I would like to add that the Chanel men's collections on the whole are worth a look if you like the polish and class of the women's collecions.

No comments:

Post a Comment